Sopa de faves i patates (Fava and potato soup)
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 2 Onions, chopped
* 3 large floury potates, peeled and diced
* 1 lb fresh shelled broad beans
* 7 1/2 cups vegetable stock
* 1 bunch fresh coriander chopped
* cup light cream, plus a little extra, to garnish
* salt and black pepper
Cooking Time 30 Mins.
Heat oil in a large pan and fry the onions, stirring, for 5 minutes until soft. Add the potatoes, most of the beans and the stock, and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the coriander and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Blend the soup in batches in a food processor or blender, then return to the rinsed pan.
Stir the cream, season, and bring to a simmer. Serve garnished with coriander, beans and cream.